Another busy day. From the OCCP meeting we hurried over to the provincial governor's office for a security meeting, which was ordered from a higher authority. The meeting was again about the second round of the presidential elections. The OCCP presented a plan about how all the ANSF (Afghan National Security Forces) would handle the security of the elections. Our IP translated it for us later, and it was actually quite a good plan. In the afternoon there was a couple of hours of medical training for the PO staff with our own medics as instructors. Then I did some material checks and other administrative things.
In the evening I surprised myself by burning 700 kilocalories in 45 minutes on the cross-trainer. After a quick sauna, I put on warm clothes and went up to the sundeck with a beer (non-alcoholic, of course). I sat in a sun chair and listened to the sounds of the night. There is the humming of the generator's diesels. Then there is an almost constant barking of dogs from all directions. Sometimes a cow or a donkey can be heard. And in the background the lorries on ring road 5 roll by. There are no crickets anymore now that the nights are colder, and the birds were quiet as well.
20091028
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment